I've been working on moving every single day as I'm training for the Park to Park 1/2 Marathon at the end of September.
On Monday nights I get together at my folks' house with my sister, my mom, and usually (though not much lately) my aunt. We do the P90X X-Stretch video because it has been discovered that my aunt and sister are two of the least flexible people on the planet (ha!).
Then, after that we walk down to the Dipper. A mile and a half down the road from us is an ice cream shop that does wonderfully huge ice cream cones. We all walk down there, get something creamy and cold to negate anything healthy we may possibly have just done, and then walk back.
It's been a fun way to catch up and to get a different kind of exercise in, to allow my muscles to work in a different way and get some of the kinks out of my muscles.
I've been having some top-of-the-foot pain with switching to the 5-finger shoes I'm running in now. I know it comes from overstriding, and I'm constantly trying to correct my stride. It doesn't hurt while I run, though, so I think it'll slowly correct itself. I've had other pains that only hurt while I wasn't running, and they've all worked themselves out. I'm hoping this one will too. It certainly isn't getting worse, so that's a good sign.
So that's where we are! I'm glad to be able to move and exercise in these ways. On the occasional bad days I try to just be thankful that I'm healthy enough to run this far!
No comments:
Post a Comment