Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 10--Kiss Him Like You Mean It!


First, a recap of last week. I really am trying not to toot my own horn here, but since my readers are all people I know in real life, that's going to be difficult. So to preface, please keep this in mind: if in anyway I come across as haughty or bragging, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Okay.

Hubby and I talked about last week's topic, and he said to me that there was nothing in particular he could think of that I needed to work on when it comes to respecting him. This was so encouraging! Since early in our marriage I've been trying to work on showing respect to him. I could see the way sarcasm and demanding statements made him cringe and I knew I didn't want to hurt him in that way anymore.

I try very hard not to tease him about things he struggles with or is self-conscious about when we are in public. Or in private for that matter. I try never to tell him what to do, but only to ask him when I need help with something. I actually have to be careful not to ask him to do EVERYTHING for me, because I know he would. I still struggle with all of this, and find myself having to apologize frequently enough...trust me I know I'm not perfect.

Respecting him is important to me so I work on it. It was nice to find out that my hubby thinks I'm doing alright at it so far!

Second:

August 9 - Kiss Him Like You Mean It (and be sure the door is locked!)

Again, there's no real easy way to blog about this when one knows all of one's readers personally. :) So I'll just link to the blog I'm following that is leading this Challenge. She has a wonderful post up here that has some great advice about WHY we as wives need to kiss our husbands like we mean it.

"His words are kisses, his kisses words. Everything about him delights me, thrills me through and through! That's my lover, that's my man, dear Jerusalem sisters." Song of Songs 5:16, MSG.

No comments: