...into the new school year! It occurred to me just now that I haven't posted an update on any of my kids in quite a long time.
The biggest deal in our lives right now is that A starts Kindergarten this year. She's torn between being extremely excited and a bit apprehensive (she's our most careful). She's also undecided about whether she wants to go. S is not as excited about school starting back up, and A wants to be excited but wants to be like her big sister. Poor middle kid. :) She's been asking lots of questions and I've been careful to make sure she knows that she can ask me anything she wants. She also has the same teacher that her big sister had. S loved this teacher, and that's helping make A more excited. So that's good.
A has a lot going on! She's also learning to ride her bike with no training wheels. She's only gotten to try twice so far. I hope to get her out there practicing enough over the next couple weeks that she knows how to ride it before school starts.
S has soccer coming up. She's very excited for the new season. I love to watch her play, but all of her games are at 8:30 and 9:30 A.M. this year! Yikes! She also has a birthday coming up. She's really looking forward to this one because being 8 means she no longer has to ride in her booster seat. I think that's the highlight of her fall! She gets to take an exercise ball to school to sit on instead of a desk chair this year. I think this is a brilliant idea by her teacher. I've also read some of the studies the teacher mentioned about how staying engaged with one's body and mind helps with learning. That is helping with her excitement level. She figured out how to use her roller-blades all by herself this summer, too.
C also has a birthday coming up, just 3 weeks before S's. She'll be 4. Four, for crying out loud! Who said my baby could turn four?! I have to keep reminding myself to treat her like she's four. The biggest thing we are dealing with with her is that I'll be "homeschooling" her preschool this year. I plan to shadow A's kindergarten curriculum and make sure C has the basics of what she'll need to know next year. We've already got letter recognition, she writes and spells aloud her first name, and she counts to somewhere around 25.
My kids are beautiful. I want to appreciate every second of this. I want them to grow older and for me to have no regrets as a mom. I am working on this right now. My struggle is with appreciating all of their personalities and trying to help them develop them while not losing it.
I'm going to miss this. I'm trying to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment