Ugh, so hokey. I wonder how many blog posts have been named that. But unfortunately for my few blog readers, that's the title that came to me first, so there you go.
There are a few changes going on around here. We're refinancing our mortgage right now, which has involved a LOT of prayer lately. This re-fi required us to bring some money to the table, in the hundreds of dollars (which I know isn't a lot compared to most closing costs), which we don't usually have laying around. But God is good. We've had some check for refunds, tuition reimbursements, and a set of options all come through at the same time, and sort of unexpectedly. He is so good to take care of us.
Hubby's hours are changing right now too (we hope), as he and the 2 other TTL's who work with him are working out a rotating 8-hour/day schedule. This would mean he doesn't have to work at 4:45 EVERY morning, just occasionally. And on the days he DOES work that early, he will also be able to be home much earlier. This is very, very nice for me, and nicer for him.
All three of our kids are currently in their Rec classes. They are all loving it. I'm hoping it stretches them a bit, helping them deal with different situations. The only issue (and it's a tiny one), is that S's class is in the evening, right over the time when we usually have supper. So we eat really early on the nights she has class, but again, it's a tiny issue. We figured it out.
Volleyball is ending. *sad* I wish it went all year. I would love that. But it does open up another weeknight, keeping me from having to run to one thing or another every night, like I have been for a couple weeks now.
Our anniversary is in less than two weeks! I already know what I want to get my hubby as a gift, but as updates for this blog are sent directly to his inbox, I can't say anything about it. :P So there. We also get to go out with my parents this weekend. The kids are staying over night at my in-laws, and I cannot wait. I'm so excited to have my hubby to myself for a night. Yay!
Well, they aren't big changes, but there's the update. I've been thinking a lot about God's provision lately, for obvious reasons. We're very blessed that even with a lower paycheck than we've ever had before, God is providing for us in such a way that I can still take care of our kids, and we're able to save for things like Christmas and give to church and a family we know who is moving in to mission work. I love it. Thank you God.
No comments:
Post a Comment