Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Wish...

...That I could tell a fantastic, witty, sometimes challenging story like the author of another blog I read. If you're a mom or will be some day or like to read stories about parenting, you should check out mycharmingkids.net. She's a great writer and a whole lot more interesting than I am. I feel like my posts just end up being lists of what we do... maybe it will come with practice.

We are deep into the swing of things here. S has started her soccer games. For some reason they put her age group on a smaller field this year. They can't put as many kids on the field and I think they're getting cheated out of learning how to really PLAY, which is what it should be about at this age. I agree with them not teaching off-sides or any of the REALLY difficult concepts, but they should be able to learn the positions and where they're allowed to go on the field and those things. S's age is not focusing on these things. It's odd. But, at least she is having fun. She is one of the most aggressive on her team so she gets the ball a lot and even scored a couple goals the first game. That was cool.

A has begun preschool and loves it, for the most part. It freaked her out a little bit the first week. I think she expected it to be more like three school than it actually ended up being, and that worried her a little bit. She was actually in tears the first day, and sometimes now, still, she stresses a bit before we get there. But she's adjusting and it's going better and better. She really loves her teachers, and yesterday they brought home a little book they had 'written.' She was so excited that she could 'read' it! It was a great introduction to reading/writing. I like the way our school system is doing preschool, I think.

C went to storytime at the library yesterday all by herself. She does so well with storytime and Sunday school and such. She sits back for a minute and watches, takes it all in and makes sure she knows what's going on. Then, when she's sure of herself, she jumps in with both feet and quickly becomes one of the more enthusiastic participants! In fact, often she's TOO enthusiastic. Often I need to tell her to quiet down! We're still working on that idea. LOUD is her favorite volume. This also makes taking her to church interesting... she doesn't really know how to whisper yet.

The older two are in Wednesday night programming. Both girls love their classes. I think our church does a fantastic job with it. And, when we go, we get dinner at church! This means that I don't have to cook! Yay! So I love Wednesday night stuff, too. I plan to help for a little while with A's class, just until they get more enthusiastic people to help out. That age group makes me shudder! I'm just not cut out to work with that many little kids for that long. But anyway, until we find people to take over that spot, I'll be helping out. Prince Charming is getting involved too. He was asked to be a Middle School youth leader this year. He's looking forward to it, and I'm a bit jealous because that's the group I want to work with! But I'm glad he got to get involved, I think it's going to be a good time.

Soon volleyball will start back up. I took last year off because I was doing Chemo treatments in October (when volleyball starts), had my transplant (and therefore a compromised immune system) in November, and then radiation (some of which affected my lungs) in February/March (when volleyball ends). So it was a painful decision, but I took a year off, and I can't WAIT to get back in to it. It's a good night off, and good exercise, too!

That's how our fall is going. I hope yours is going well, too! I also hope to remember to get on here and record the cute little stories from our everyday lives more often, too. Maybe then I won't feel like I have to do these huge update lists all the time!

No comments: