**Post full of random thoughts WARNING**
I say "fall" because yesterday was only the unofficial beginning of fall. Doesn't make it any less busy for this family, though! We have something going every single night this week. Tomorrow is a casual kick-off for some of the teams at church (Hubby is going because he's a youth leader, I'm going because I'm a singer... those kinds of teams), Thursday night is A's meet-the-teacher. Friday is S's next soccer practice, Saturday is Prince Charming's birthday, S's first game, and a neighborhood Block Party. Sunday is our church's kickoff! Sheesh. And the rest of our September doesn't get much slower. I love everything that starts in September, but with meeting teachers and having parties for kick-offs and everything, that first month is a doozy!
I harvested my first tomato a couple days ago. It was good! Flavorful and juicy. Yum! I was so excited to pick it, I actually had to let it ripen a few more days inside before I ate it, but it was worth it. I have at least 2 more ready for harvest tomorrow. And bonus...my grandma was over today and told me how to ripen any green ones that might be on the plants when the first hard freeze happens. I love having tomatoes in my garden! Next year, though, I'll have to plant it around the corner. I think the monster tomato "bush" I got took a bunch of nutrients from my poor, tortured rose bushes.
Those two will be getting babied by me next year. Since we moved in I've been letting the rabbits naturally 'trim' them over the winter. Well, last winter, with all the snow, the dumb animals absolutely decimated one of the rose bushes. So I've learned my lesson and I'll be covering them this year. Besides, they look kind of scraggly and need to be trimmed into a nice shape anyway.
Right, that's not really 'fall' stuff. And neither will this be... And I can't believe I didn't write about this before, but C turned 3 last week Monday. It's just amazing and shocking to think that my youngest is 3. The years of her little life have just been too chock-full... it's crazy. Hopefully our lives will shift out of the absolute fast-forward they have been.
Anyway, this fall is a bittersweet one for me. C will be off to preschool next year, so this year is my last one with a kid home full-time. A is super thrilled about preschool starting Monday. S loved her first day back, 2nd grade, and can't wait to go again tomorrow. And I love that they love it so much. That healthy love of learning is a wonderful thing.
Whew, what a lot of rambling. I knew going in to this post that I was just going to type about whatever came to my head! That's the beauty of not having many followers, I don't need to worry about making any sense! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment