Monday, February 8, 2010

Adjusting

Lately we've been adjusting to Hubby's new work schedule. Of course the biggest adjustment has been for him; he has to get up at 4:15 now to get to work before the 5:00 shift starts. He's in charge of a line in the factory where he works for the next 6 months. This is 2 hours earlier than he was used to getting up.

Thankfully, he enjoys the people he works with more than those he left, so even though he's tired from the early hours, he comes home happier and more relaxed than he did. That is nice for him.

I've been adjusting to it, too. I had been going to jog on my parents' treadmill at 6 in the morning (they live next door). Of course, now that Hubby isn't home at that time I can't go then. So now I have to hold on to my motivation until in the afternoon when he gets home. That's not quite as easy as rolling out of bed and going straight there before I can think about how I might not want to. Plus this week I've really been working to kick this cold, which hasn't been easy, so I skipped running for a week. We'll find out today if that set me back seriously or not.

And we've both been adjusting to an early bed time. We were used to some time after the girls go to bed to unwind, watch TV, go online, etc. Now we're trying to get to bed by 9:30. We're still in the process of figuring out how he can get his homework done, spend time with the girls, and unwind after they're in bed with less time to do it all. But it's only been a week, so we'll get it worked out.

I will say it's nice to see him earlier every afternoon. I love that.

No comments: