Saturday, November 28, 2009

Decorating

Wow, busy weekend. This is the weekend we put up our Christmas decorations! I also did most of my Christmas shopping today. I only have 5 more people to buy for, 4 more cheap exchange gifts to get, and my kids and husband to finish. That's pretty good, since I started with having to do all 4 sets grandparents, all 4 of our parents, 5 siblings (which is not all our siblings, but we did a name exchange with hubby's siblings), 4 kids' exchanges, 8 cheap party gifts... Whew!

After I came home we got pizza and put up the tree and decorations. It was great! I love putting on Christmas music and decorating the tree and the living room together. Unfortunately, we discovered that none of the 3 strands that we usually put outside the house are working, so I'm going to need to buy all new. Oh well.

My hubby and I are going to make a date out of buying the girls' gifts this year. We have a gift card to one of our favorite restaurants, and we will buy their stuff, see a movie, and go to a party that a bunch of my friends from High School are having.

I'm excited for the day and night with my husband! This time of the year is so busy. And even though that day will be full, I think it will all be relaxing, as they are all things we can take our time doing. And it will be relatively quiet! My kids are creative, loving, funny... but not quiet. I'm definitely looking forward to quiet.

No comments: